Readily associated with the great outdoors and the environment, the Lafuma brand has long equipped mountaineering enthusiasts. The introduction of the limited edition Grand Modus by Lafuma today sees it turn its attention to a Renault model which epitomizes two values that are shared by both brands: a desire to get away from it all and respect for the environment. This comprehensively equipped MPV (Family Pack with storages and sunblinds, climate control, 40W RadioSat-CD, electric front windows and exterior mirrors, sliding three-passenger 60/40-split folding, forward-tipping rear benchseat) is extremely versatile and ideally suited to a range of uses, from family holidays to weekends away with friends. This limited edition model is also delivered with a three-piece set of Lafuma baggage made from recycled materials and featuring a cabin-size trolley bag, backpack and weekend travel bag. Meanwhile, Grand Modus Lafuma complies with all three of the criteria required to qualify for the Renault eco² signature. This limited edition is available with the Modus family's first E85 bioethanol-compatible engine (1.2 16V Ethanol), as well as two diesel engines (dCi 65 and dCi 85) with CO2 emissions of less than or equal to 120g/km. In France, they are eligible for the country's €700 'eco-bonus' scheme. Other engines available are the 1.2 16V 75hp, the TCe100 and the dCi 105 (depending on market). Order books are scheduled to open in France in January 2009, with prices starting from €15,300. This limited edition model will also be marketed in Austria, Belgium, Poland, Italy, Switzerland, Slovakia, Hungary, the Czech Republic and Denmark, either as Modus Latitude or as Modus Expression, depending on country.
Building on the success of Grand Modus (more than 70% of the Modus mix in Europe, and more than 22,000 registrations in France), Renault is to introduce Grand Modus Lafuma. This association with the well-known outdoor activities brand reflects two values that both companies share with thislimited edition model, namely a desire to get away from it all and respect for the environment.
Grand Modus Lafuma's status-enhancing features include integral paint for versions sporting a metallic finish, as well as Lafuma badging. Versions with metallic paint also come with body colour front and rear bumpers and protective mouldings. The 15-inch Taranis wheeltrims and upholstery are specific, while the interior has been made even more elegant thanks to the use of aluminium trimming details (central fascia, air-vents and gear lever knob 'grid' and surround) and chrome door handles. Based on Grand Modus Expression, this limited edition versions features a long list of additional journey-enhancing equipment such as front and rear electric windows, foglamps and a child surveillance mirror, plus sunblinds for the rear side windows and rear screen and front sunvisors. Its spacious boot (up to 1,454dm3), bright cabin, high-up driving position and sliding, modular, 60/40-split folding, forward-tipping rear benchseat, makes Grand Modus Lafuma a genuine B-segment MPV which enables occupants to travel in reassuring comfort.
Smart storage solutions
Grand Modus by Lafuma offers plenty of onboard storage space:
- aviation-style central overhead two-compartment lockers (front compartment: 2.8 litres / rear compartment: 3 litres) with different opening angles to facilitate access for all occupants. A retention system incorporated in each compartment prevents items from falling out under heavy braking.
- aviation-style tables on the back of both front seats,
- drawers underneath the driver and front passenger seats, particularly suited to heavy items,
- driver's sunglasses case,
- an object retention flap incorporated in the front passenger seat cushion (e.g. permits a handbag to be securely held while remaining within easy reach).
The boot of this limited edition model has also been thought through to be particularly practical:
- lashing rings and baggage retention net on the boot floor to prevent items from falling over or moving about in the boot,
- a netted pocket on the back of the rear benchseat.
An E85 bioethanol-compatible engine
Grand Modus Lafuma is respectful of the environment and complies with all three of the criteria necessary to qualify for the Renault eco² signature. Depending on market, the engine range includes the 1.2 16V 75hp, the TCe100 and the dCi 65, 85 and 105. Going even further down the environmental road, Grand Modus Lafuma marks the introduction for the first time of an E85 bioethanol-compatible engine for the Modus range. Modifications in areas such as the fuel tank, injection system and combustion chamber mean that the 1.2 16V 75hp engine, which is based on an existing block, automatically adapts to bioethanol fuel. Meanwhile, with CO2 emissions of less than or equal to 120g/km, the dCi 65 and dCi 85 engines both qualify for the €700 'eco-bonus' scheme introduced by the government in France..
Complete with a set of Lafuma luggage
A three-piece set of Lafuma luggage made from recycled materials is included with this limited edition:
- a classic, cabin-format Premium wheeled trolley bag with retractable handle,
- a practical backpack with zipper pockets, a compartment for a laptop computer, a front pocket with organizer and map holder and netted side pockets,
- a weekend travel bag with choice of handles, shoulder strap, interior netted compartment, exterior pockets for small items and rubber protective feet,
All the items that make up this set of luggage are made from recycled polyester and form part of the Lafuma Pure Leaf collection which features eco-designed products that combine both high quality and ecological awareness.
Leave a comment