The large multi-function console features a sliding armrest and sliding lower tray - each with a hidden storage area. Other console storage areas accommodate items both large and small like mobile phones, beverages, compact discs and portable digital music players.
The 60/40 lift-up rear seats feature a storage area underneath large enough to accommodate a golf bag. Plus, the rear seating area can be quickly converted for cargo duty by lifting the seats up to create enough room for a full-size mountain bike with the front tire removed. Family-friendly, the rear seat incorporates three LATCH positions.
The Honda Satellite-Linked Navigation System® with Voice Recognition and Zagat Survey™ restaurant information is available on RTL models and includes XM Satellite Radio®. An off-road tracking function remembers where the vehicle has traveled within unmapped regions.
The 2006 Ridgeline was the first-ever 4-door pickup to receive the federal government's top 5-star safety rating, the highest safety rating possible, for both frontal and side impacts. The 2009 Ridgeline continues to achieve the highest 5-star ratings for frontal and side impacts.
Standard comfort and convenience features on the Ridgeline RT include an integrated trailer hitch, pre-wiring for 7-pin trailer wiring, trip computer with instaneous and average fuel economy; air conditioning; tilt steering wheel; power windows and door locks; power sliding rear window; cruise control; keyless entry; automatic heated wiper zone; a six-speaker, 100-watt audio system with CD player with MP3/WMA playback capability; 60/40 split lift-up rear seat with underseat storage;.
The Ridgeline RTS adds alloy wheels; a 7-pin trailer wiring connector; body-color painted door handles; painted inner grille surfaces; a seven-speaker 160-watt audio system with subwoofer and six-disc in-dash audio system; steering wheel-mounted controls; an auxiliary audio input jack; dual-zone automatic climate control, an eight-way power driver's seat with lumbar support; privacy glass; and all-weather floor mats.
The RTL adds a leather-trimmed interior with heated front seats, 18-inch alloy wheels; fog lights, moonroof, a 110-volt power outlet, XM® Satellite Radio, HomeLink® remote system, carpeted floor mats, and a compass in the rearview mirror. A Honda Satellite-Linked Navigation System with voice recognition is available (and replaces the rear-view mirror interior compass). Vehicles equipped with the navigation system also include Bluetooth HandsFreeLink and a multi-information display.
50 Significantly Changed and New Features
Exterior Styling and Features
* Grille (design)
* Front bumper (design)
* Rear bumper (design)
* Headlight (color)
* Taillight (color)
* Bed tie-downs (two additional, eight total)
* Integrated trailer hitch (new for RT, RTS and RTL)
* 7-pin trailer wiring connector (new for RTS and RTL)
* Daytime running lights (new)
* Three new exterior colors
* Fog lights (RTL)
* 18-inch Alloy Wheels (RTL)
* 4WD emblem (design)
* Horsepower and torque (increased)
* Magnesium dual-stage intake manifold (previously aluminum)
* Camshaft (tuned for low-end torque)
* Intake valves (larger)
* Starter motor (ultra-fast)
* Transmission gear ratios (lower for better acceleration)
* 6-degree crank pulse sensor
* Airflow meter within the air intake tract
* Optimized engine block coolant passages
* New EGR valve
Interior Styling and Features
* Steering wheel design
* 3-D-look speedometer, tachometer and IP meter designs
* New front seat active head restraints
* New trip computer
* New MP3/WMA compatibility
* Auxiliary audio input jack (RTS and RTL)
* Cloth seating materials (RT and RTS)
* New black interior color
* Power lumbar support (RTS)
* Carpeted floor mats (RTL)
* New integrated rearview camera (RTL w/Navi)
* New Bluetooth HandsFreeLink (RTL w/Navi)
* New multi-information display (RTL w/Navi)
* Interior color schemes (revised)
* Air conditioning controls (more ergonomic)
* Air condition display (larger icons)
* Clock display (enhanced)
* Headlight switch (recessed, more ergonomic)
* Door handle design (more integrated appearance)
* Sunroof button (improved)
* Cruise control button (improved)
* New motorcycle bed extender
* New bed-mount bicycle attachment
* New 18-inch accessory wheel
* New Bluetooth HandsFreeLink adapter
* Accessory grille (restyled)
* New Front lower air deflector
* Based on 2009 EPA mileage estimates, reflecting new EPA fuel economy methods beginning with 2008 models. Use for comparison purposes only. Do not compare to models before 2008. Your actual mileage will vary depending on how you drive and maintain your vehicle.
** Certain functions that rely on a satellite signal will not work correctly in Hawaii and Alaska. These functions include but are not limited to automatic clock updates and time zone adjustments.
*** Required XM® Radio monthly sub scri ption sold separately after 90 day trial period. Installation costs and other fees and taxes may apply after initial trial period, including a one-time activation fee. Sub scri ption fee is consumer only. All fees and programming subject to change. Sub scri ptions subject to Customer Agreement available at xmradio.com. XM service only available in the 48 contiguous United States. The XM name is a registered trademark of XM Satellite Radio Inc.
Government star ratings are part of the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration's (NHTSA) New Car Assessment Program.
Leave a comment