Holden Special Vehicles today announced the next steps in the seven litre W427 program, including pricing, volume and distribution strategy.
Tom Walkinshaw confirmed the price of the W427 will be $150,000, plus on road costs, under the current Luxury Car Tax regime. The build volume has also been confirmed. HSV will build up to 427 W427s, with vehicles being built to order at the Clayton production facility. HSV has finalised the allocation strategy for the initial batch of cars.
Each Australian and New Zealand HSV Dealer (64 in total) will be allocated one W427, as long as they have a firm retail order. Remaining W427s will be allocated to dealers based on 2007 sales figures.
Lastly, Tom Walkinshaw confirmed the final power output figure for the W427 will be 375kW and 640NM of torque.
The Holden Special Vehicles W427 will go on sale in August.
The W427 in detail
The exterior design incorporates an all new front fascia, the rear accentuates a new carbon fibre spoiler and its footprint is kept firmy on the tarmac with standard 20 inch wheels.
And now for what everyone's interested in....
- 7.0 Litre, LS7 Engine with HSV specific calibration
- Putting out 375kW @ 6500rpm & 640Nm @ 5000rpm
- Over radiator style cold air induction system – with high flow air filter.
- Dry sump lubrication system with 2 stage pump.
- Hand fabricated aluminium oil reservoir, with baffles for high G loading.
- Front mount, 13 row engine oil cooler
- Ceramic coated, high flow 4 into 1 extractors
- High flow catalytic converters and exhaust system (3” into 2 Â¾”)
- Active bi-modal rear mufflers
- Exhaust back pressure management
- Improved noise quality
- High strength limited slip differential
- New high strength 6 speed manual gear box (TR6060)
- GMPT LS7 Clutch with new actuator and pedal assembly for high clamp loads
New 6 piston front braking system (50% increase in pad area)
Strap drive, 2 piece floating front rotors (380 x 35mm) compared to 365 x 32mm one piece on GTS
High friction pad material
Leave a comment