Within the framework of its partnership with the FFR and with the French national rugby team, Renault has decided to mark the start of the 2009 RBS 6 Nations with the introduction of 'XV de France' limited edition versions of Twingo, five-door Clio and Clio Estate.
- These three limited editions feature 'XV de France' badging on the sides and hatch, while the rugby theme has been carried over to the cabin in the form of 'XV de France' embroidered seats and carpet mats. There are also specific styling differences such as aluminum alloy wheels and extra-tinted rear glass, plus a leather steering wheel and gear lever knob.
- The comprehensively-equipped 'XV de France' limited editions are based on the respective Dynamique versions of the three models. Comfort-related equipment includes manual climate control, radio-CD player, electric front windows and electric exterior mirrors. On the safety front, the 'XV de France' versions come with additional cornering lights (except Twingo) and foglamps for enhanced night-time vision and visibility in fog.
- The try has been converted on the environmental front, too, since all the available engines comply with the three criteria required to qualify for the Renault eco² signature.
- Twingo, Clio and Clio Estate 'XV de France' are available exclusively in France. They have been on sale since January 5, with prices starting at €12,550, €16,200 and €16,850 respectively.
- The grand slam package continues with a supporters' pack for the forthcoming RBS 6 Nations tournament.
Renault: a long-term commitment to rugby
To mark the start of the 2009 RBS 6 Nations, Renault has released 'XV de France' limited edition versions of Twingo, five-door Clio and Clio Estate which will appeal to all those who share the values of the game. These three models reinforce Renault's long-term commitment to the game which follows a partnership agreement sealed on January 10, 2008, with France's rugby board (FFR) and with the French national squad for a period of five years. This association extends all the way to local level via Renault's sales network which stands out as the most powerful in France, with some 5,500 sales outlets across the country. Indeed, some local partnerships have been signed with a long list of rugby clubs, from the Top 14 premier category to Federale 1 and Honneur levels.
Further evidence of Renault's commitment to rugby was the launch four months ago of www.lafamilleRRRugby.com, a community website for fans and supporters, with whom Renault shares the same values, including team spirit, commitment, courage and conviviality.
Three '100 per cent rugby' limited editions:
Twingo, Clio (five-door version) and Clio Estate feature the distinctive signature of the 'XV de France' in the form of exterior badging on the sides and hatch to provide an immediately visible tie with the French national rugby team. The 'rugby spirit' theme has been carried over the interior, too. The 'XV de France' signature is visible on the seats, as well as on the front and rear carpet mats, and even the key housing in the colours of the French squad allows owners to express their support for the national side.
These comprehensively-equipped limited edition versions are based on the Dynamique equipment level of each model, and comfort features include manual climate control, a radio-CD player, electric front windows and electric exterior mirrors. On the safety front, foglamps and additional cornering lights (except Twingo) deliver enhanced night-time vision and visibility in fog. Specific styling differences such as aluminium alloy wheels, extra-tinted rear glass, a leather steeringwheel and a leather gear lever knob add an exclusive touch.
The environment: a converted try
Twingo, Clio and Clio Estate 'XV de France' comply with all three of the criteria necessary to qualify for the Renault eco² signature. TCe 100 and dCi 85 power is available for Clio and Clio Estate 'XV de France', while Twingo 'XV de France' can be ordered with the 1.2 16V 75hp, 1.2 LEV 75 or dCi 65 engines. The latter two powerplants qualify for the €700 eco-bonus scheme in operation in France.
A grand slam package for fans
During the forthcoming RBS 6 Nations tournament, the three cars come with a special French team supporters' pack. This pack includes a man's polo shirt, a lady's polo shirt, a towel, an umbrella with rugby ball-design handle and a black canvas sports bag, ideal for fans of the French side to show their support.
Leave a comment