Jaguar is proud to reveal its new supercharged sports car - the Jaguar XKR. Building on the excellence of the all-new XK that debuted in 2005, the XKR takes the Jaguar sports car experience to new heights.
Like the XK model, the new supercharged XKR makes intelligent use of practical, modern technology such as an industry-leading aluminium monocoque structure that results in a light and yet very stiff body. An uprated 420bhp (SAE) supercharged V8 engine and class-leading calibration of a state-of-the-art, six-speed automatic transmission deliver accessible, real-world, high performance that makes the XKR the most impressive sporting GT all-rounder in its class.
The XKR's powerful statement of intent is emphatically reinforced by sporting styling cues such as an enhanced front bumper, bonnet louvres and aluminium-finish grilles and side power vents. Unique 19 and 20-inch alloy wheel designs and a quad-exhaust system add to the overall presence.
"The new supercharged XKR captures perfectly the essence of what makes a Jaguar XK so special," commented Bibiana Boerio, Jaguar Cars' managing director. "It is a perfect balance of refined Grand Tourer and serious performance sports car, that delivers a truly rewarding and exhilarating driving experience."New Jaguar XKR at a glance
- New supercharged Jaguar XKR sports car, available as a Coupe or Convertible
- All the attractions and attributes of the XK - but amplified in the 'R' to complement the extra power and performance
- 4.2-litre, supercharged V8 engine developing 420bhp and 560Nm of torque
- Coupe is capable of 0-60mph in 4.9 seconds, 50-70mph in just 2.5 seconds and has an (electronically limited) top speed of 155mph
- All-aluminium body construction delivers a lighter, stiffer car, with excellent agility. At 1665kg, the Coupe is 70kg lighter than its predecessor, while the 1715kg Convertible is 100kg lighter than the previous convertible XKR
- Prices start at £67,495 - a premium of just 12.5% over the XK. Available to order now
- Uprated springs and dampers and recalibrated Computer Active Technology Suspension (CATS) provide enhanced ride and handling
- Class-leading six-speed automatic transmission for ultra-quick manual gear shifts in milliseconds using steering-wheel-mounted 'paddles'
- Active Exhaust System ensures refinement at cruising speed but purposeful V8 roar under hard acceleration
- Subtle XKR exterior styling enhancements include a sportier grille and front bumper design, louvred bonnet, aluminium-finish side power vents and two new wheel designs
- Enhanced interior includes unique aluminium 'weave' design on the fascia (other veneers such as polished burr walnut are available at no extra cost) and XKR sports seats
- Blend of supercharged performance, outstanding dynamic abilities and keen pricing gives the new XKR significant advantages overall against both lesser - and considerably more - expensive rivals
- In summary, the epitome of a contemporary Jaguar Grand Touring sports car and a perfect illustration of the marque's philosophy of building beautiful, fast cars