If you want all the space and comfort of a large car but with the fuel bills of a small car, Honda has the answer – the four-cylinder Honda Accord.
In fact, its Australia’s most fuel efficient and affordable large car with the price tag of only $29,990*.
The four-cylinder VTi and luxuriously appointed VTi-L sip just 8.8 L/100km** of unleaded fuel and have equally impressive CO2 emissions of just 209 g/km**. The Accord’s fuel economy outstrips many medium cars and rivals some small cars, yet the full-size Accord proves you can enjoy the comfort and roominess of a large car with small car fuel bills.
Since its launch in February this year, the 8th-generation Honda Accord has captured over seven per cent of the large car segment and is the most popular four-cylinder large car in the private sector Year-To-Date.
The VTi and VTi-L are powered by a 2.4 litre EURO4 compliant DOHC i-VTEC engine that produces 133kW of power and 222Nm of torque. Its 5-speed automatic transmission also features paddle shifts for manual shifting. The high-tech engine and improved dynamics offer excellent power, fuel efficiency, low emissions and outstanding driving enjoyment.
The Accord is comprehensively packed with safety features such as dual front and side airbags with Occupant Position Detection System, anti-lock ABS brakes with Electronic Brake-force Distribution, Vehicle Stability Assist, active front head restraints and front seatbelt pre-tensioners as standard. The Accord has the Advanced Compatibility Engineering (ACE) body designed to offer the highest levels of occupant protection.
It also has a tilt and telescopic steering wheel with cruise and audio controls mounted, dual-zone climate control, power windows and mirrors, security alarm, audio system with six-stack CD player and six speakers with MP3 compatibility as well as 16 inch alloy wheels.
The Accord VTi-L receives a few extras such as curtain airbags, leather interior with leather steering wheel, auto on/off headlights, two-way electric sunroof, fog lights, rain sensing wipers, 8-way power seat for the driver and 17 inch alloy wheels.
Honda Australia’s Managing Director, Mr. Yasuhide Mizuno says; “The Accord offers the highest level of refinement in the large car segment and represents outstanding value for money. Both variants offer excellent fuel economy, which means less money being spent at the petrol pump.”
* The Accord has sold over 16 million units since 1976 in 160 countries and remains one of Honda’s most endearing and successful models for over 30 years
* The name “Accord” was originally chosen to symbolise Honda’s efforts to achieve an accord between people, society and motor vehicles through advanced technology
* The nameplate also stands for innovation in manufacturing, environmental performance, safety and luxury
* Honda has used the Accord to launch many of its latest technologies, including Programmable Fuel Injection, double wishbone suspension and VTEC
* Its the most highly decorated car in Honda’s history and was the first Japanese car to win ‘Wheels Car of the Year’ award
* One of Car & Driver Magazine’s ‘10 Best’ twenty-two times in the past 25 years, more than any other vehicle in the award’s history. The 8th generation Accord was nominated in the ‘10 Best’ for 2008
The Honda Accord range is the smart choice in large cars. Accord VTi starts at $29,990* and the VTi-L just $36,490*.
* Recommended retail price without on-road costs
**When tested in accordance with ADR 81/01
Leave a comment