The New BMW 3 Series Coupe and Convertible. (Australia)
First Look: The New BMW 3 Series Coupé and Convertible
Sublime BMW Six-Cylinder Power Tempts Luxury Buyers - (Australia)
BMW 3 Series Range Expanded with Five New Models - (Australia)
BMW 330d Arrives Well Equipped to Entice Luxury Buyers - (Australia)
High-Performance, Super-Frugal BMW 330d Arrives - (Australia)
The legendary BMW 3 Series Sedan enters 2008 as Australia’s most popular sporting luxury sedan, with another year of market leadership under its belt.
To celebrate another year of market success, the 320d is improved still further for 2008. It has been given a new heart in the form of the latest third generation common rail fuel injected 2.0-litre engine.
This delivers 125 kW and 340 Nm of torque, giving it the most torque of any four-cylinder 3 Series model, and second only to the Twin Turbo petrol 335i model in the entire 3 Series family.
This hearty new engine boasts variable nozzle turbine technology and delivers its peak power at 4,000 rpm with peak torque achieved at just 1,750 rpm, giving a broad spread of meaty torque across the powerband.
The new engine spirits the 320d from 0-100 km/h in just 8.2 seconds, and on to a top sped of 225 km/h (where legal). A super smooth six-speed automatic transmission conveys drive to the rear wheels.
The powerful engine will be something of a rare sight at refuelling stations with a combined cycle consumption figure of just 6.0-litres per 100 km.
Thanks to the latest innovations based on BMW EfficientDynamics and the outstanding competence of BMW in the development and production of exhilarating engines, the new four-cylinder diesel offers six-cylinder levels of performance and refinement, while at the same time retaining all the advantages of a four-cylinder in terms of fuel efficiency.
This all-aluminium four-cylinder diesel engine uses piezo-injectors to squirt fuel into the combustion chambers with absolute precision under a pressure of 1,800 bar. The new engine is 20kg lighter than its predecessor, offers 10 kW more power and 10 Nm more torque and is a useful 10 per cent more frugal, too.
BMW is the leading supplier of diesel powered luxury vehicles in Australia.The 320d 2.0-litre four-cylinder engine is also fitted to the 1 Series, 5 Series Sedan and X3 Sports Activity Vehicle, underlining its versatility, supreme performance, and of course its immense torque.
All BMW 320d models are fitted with a particulate filter.
Standard equipment features of the 2008 Model 320d.
• Cruise Control
• Ventilated disc brakes all round
• Anti-lock braking system (ABS)
• Automatic Stability Control + Traction (ASC+T)
• Cornering Brake Control (CBC)
• DataDot technology
• Driver and front passenger airbags with seat occupant detection sensor
• Dynamic Brake Control (DBC)
• Dynamic Stability Control (DSC)
• Dynamic Traction Control (DTC)
• Front side airbags
• Head airbags for front and rear passengers
• Runflat tyre indicator
• Runflat tyres
• Seat belt tensioner and belt force limiter
• 3-point seatbelt and headrest for all three rear occupants
• Park Distance Control (PDC) – rear
• Rain sensor incl. automatic headlight control
• Comfort Access
• 6 speaker sound system
• AM/FM radio/CD with anti-theft
• Dual zone climate control air conditioning with microfilter
• Electric windows with one-touch control
• Front arm rest - retractable
• Front seat height adjustment
• Interior trim strips in Titanium matt
• Leather bound steering wheel and gear knob
• Multi-function steering wheel
• On-board computer incl. outside temperature display
• Preparation for Bluetooth mobile phone
• Steering column height and length adjustment
• Through loading system incl. ski bag
Executive model comprises the following additional features:
• 16-inch light alloy wheels in double spoke 156 style
• Fine wood trim or Aluminium
• Partial electric seat adjustment
• Lights package
• Leather Dakota upholstery
• Front fog lights
Innovations Package comprises the following additional features:
• Headlight washer system
• Bi Xenon headlights
• Adaptive headlights
• High beam assist
• USB / Audio interface
• Business Navigation
M Sport Package comprises the following additional features:
• M Sport suspension
• Individual high gloss Satin Chrome
• M Aerodynamic Package
• M light alloy wheel double spoke 194 M with mixed tyres, F: 225/45 R17, R: 255/40 R17
• Individual headliner anthracite
• Interior trim finishers Aluminium Glacier Silver
• M door sill finishers with M badge
• M leather steering wheel
• Sport seats for driver and front passenger
Leave a comment